Friday, July 25, 2008

Week 9, Thing 23

This Web 2.0 course was a lot of fun to do over the summer! It was very laid back, work at your own pace kind of course which I think we all need after a long intense school year! I found many of the explorations in this course beneficial to my work as a teacher. I am all about learning new tools, especially free ones, that I can use for myself, students, parents, and collegues. Many of the tools learned through this course I plan on sharing with my co-workers. I think they would benefit from these tools that are easy to use, when demonstrated during a staff meeting.

I felt surprised when I heard about neededing to checkout a text for this course and read 4 chapters. I didn't know that was part of the requirements; however, they did benefit the class. I might have missed it somewhere on the blog, but I didn't recall reading it as being part of the class. This also goes for commenting on other people's blog. But again, I do feel these requirements are important. It is always intereting to see what others have created or found through these explorations.

I would definatly recommend this course to others. I do wish they had one in particular for teachers in Alaska on mylearningplan.com (I haven't come across it yet, only the one offered in CA). This course has opened my eyes to even more technology tools that I can incorporate into my teaching. I am very excited to try some of it out this school year. Thanks again for a fun and beneficial course!

1 comments:

  1. Mandy

    Thanks so much for jumping into this with us. Glad that you would recommend the course to others.

    I am also really glad that you plan to share this with your staff. That is how we spread this to others and bring everyone into the Web 2.0 World.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete

 
Mrs. McConnell's Class Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template