Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week 8, Thing 19

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Write2manD

Here are results of 2 of my books.

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie 4 1/2 stars, 1230 members, 26 reviews, 1,900 popularity, 10 conversations

One of the conversations was about whether one should give a cookbook as gifts - most do, but usually they give the same title cookbook to people or only when the recipient has mentioned something about cooking. I know I have received cookbooks in the past. How often do I look at them? Rare. They sit on my self. My recipes usually come from allrecipes.com (I think how they are rated and reviewed, often adding suggestions that make the recipe even better!).


Over in the Ocean: In a Coral Reef 43 members, 1 review, 116,409 popularity, 4 1/2 stars, 0 conversations

This is one of my favorite books. I like books that I can sing to!

I think it was easy to find my favorite books. I like the librarything reccomendations - many listed were books I enjoy! I might have forgotten about the book and there it would be listed under my reccomendation. If I was more interested in dicussing books, I can see how the list of people who also added the same books would be fun to talk to. I can see it being useful as a teacher to find another teacher who uses that book in their classroom and share lesson plans and ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Mrs. McConnell's Class Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template