Friday, July 25, 2008

Week 9, Thing 22

Wow, I this was difficult for me to find an ebook to download/explore. I haven't read a good classic book for adults since high school and maybe one course in college! Most of my readings have been childrens books. I did find one of my favorites, Jane Eyre!

I went through the top 100 list from the past few days to see what books I recall being interested in or what new book I might try. When I went through the author list, I was beginning to recall many authors, Homer, Oscar Wilde, Poe, Twain, Austen, London, Hugo, Melville, etc. Some of the ebooks, I wish they were audio books instead, like the Iliad...personally, that is one book too long for me to sit through but I am willing to listen to while multitasking. The Bible was also in txt format. Little Women was one of my favorites but it only came as a txt download under Project Gutenberg.

I also did a google search on the top 100 classic novels to find one I'd be interested in listening to.

I also checked out http://www.ebooksabouteverything.com/ where they have all kinds of ebooks you can purchase!

http://www.archive.org/
When I searched for a couple of titles of books that became movies, I came across a lot of reviews that came in an mp3 format for listening to.

At http://librivox.org/, I was able to find a copy of Little WOmen in an audio version! I like the idea of volunteers reading, but I am not sure if I like how different people read different chapters. I downloaded Emma by Jane Austen and Three Men in a Boat, which I heard was a funny story. I also found a children's story (or so a website told me) called Wind in the Willows. I might download some of my other favorites, To Kill A Mocking Bird, Of Mice and Men, Great Gatsby, Grapes of Wrath, Price and Prejudice...I could keep going! I kind of wish I knew about this at the beginning of summer when I had more time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Mrs. McConnell's Class Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template